All puppies bred and sold in good faith by Puppys R Us, LLC doing business in the State of Missouri.
We require a 50% deposit (of puppy price) to secure a puppy for you. If a deposit has been made, the final payment will be due 3 days prior to shipping. Full payment must be made by the time the puppy is 10 weeks old. If not received on time, the deposit will be retained by the Seller and the puppy will be re-listed. If the Purchaser must return the puppy for any reason it will be on a surrender basis only with no refund. All deposits are non-refundable.
The Seller is responsible for all transportation arrangements. Travel fees will be collected at time of purchase whether by ground or air. Travel arrangements could be delayed due to temperature restrictions, weather, logistics, mechanical failure or other unforeseen events. The Seller shall not be liable directly or indirectly for any delays which may cause inconvenience or financial loss, nor shall the delay be cause for cancellation. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
Puppys R Us Health Guarantee
Purchaser must read the following terms of agreement and click “accept the Health Guarantee” on the Puppy Adoption Form.
In the unlikely event of the death of puppy (within one year of purchase) due to genetic birth defect, the Breeder shall replace the puppy (within 120 days) with another puppy of equivalent value. Purchaser must provide Seller with an examination report from a Board Certified Licensed Veterinarian stating the diagnosis of the genetic health defect. Seller retains the right to ask for a second opinion from an unassociated Board Certified Licensed Veterinarian or the Seller’s Veterinarian. All registration paperwork must be returned to the Breeder before replacement puppy is delivered. If the Purchaser declines the replacement puppy, then the Breeder and Purchaser shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Purchaser has released the Breeder/Seller from any and all further claims.
Days 1-14: If, within 14 days of arrival, your puppy is found to have a contagious disease, illness, or parasite, Puppys R Us will provide you with reimbursement of reasonable and customary veterinary bills to treat such condition up to the purchase price of your puppy.
This guarantee does not cover any treatable conditions including, but not limited to the following:
- Kennel cough, bacterial/viral infections, physical injury or any other non-life threatening illnesses common to puppies.
- Cost of regular veterinary care, food, medicine, supplements, training, grooming, cleaning, or other costs of raising and owning a puppy.
- Injuries or accidents, including, but not limited to, ingestion of foreign matters, choking, falls, scrapes, bumps, bruises, bug bites, human inflicted injuries, run-aways, car related injuries, injuries, and illness or injury resulting from or related to veterinary procedures (e.g. spay or neuter procedures, tail docking, etc.).
- Behavior, personality, or temperament traits including, but not limited to potty training, chewing, digging, etc.
- Appearance, size, or other physical characteristics, breed standards, or aesthetic preferences.
- Hip dysplasia diagnosis in breeds that are known to be prone to hip dysplasia and are overweight or over exercised.
- Results of genetic testing.
- Contagious illnesses or parasites that are diagnosed more than 14 days after puppy’s arrival.
- Hereditary diseases diagnosed more than 10 years after puppy’s arrival.
Appropriate exercise: All dogs need regular exercise and stimulation. You should speak to your veterinarian about the appropriate amount of exercise for your particular puppy at each stage of its life. In particular, you should be careful to avoid over-exercising your puppy during its growth period.
Your puppy will arrive with information about the type of food it has been fed so far [and a small amount of that food]. If you plan to transition to a new food, you should do so gradually to allow your puppy a chance to acclimate to the new food. You should follow a recommended nutritional program, including feeding only premium dog foods and veterinarian approved supplements. You should be careful not to under or over feed your puppy and, in particular, if your puppy’s breed is prone to hip dysplasia be careful not to over-feed your dog.
Your puppy should be spayed or neutered at an age deemed appropriate by your veterinarian.
This puppy is being sold as a pet only with no guarantee of disposition, conformation or over-all development and training. This guarantee will be null and void if the puppy is used for breeding.
In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy, due to genetic birth defect in years 2-10, the Purchaser will be credited 50% of the original purchase price of the puppy. This amount can be applied towards the purchase of a replacement puppy. Purchaser will provide documentation from a licensed veterinarian stating the cause of death. A second opinion can be requested by Seller.
The replacement value of the puppy is solely based on the original purchase price and does not include shipping costs, health certificate, crate, medical bills or any additional prices declared by the Purchaser.